Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentines Day

as you are probably aware, I love to make holidays special for my kids. This year Valentines was on a Sunday which made it harder to do a lot of the fun things that I would normally do with them. This year the kids have really gotten into reading books, and especially love books by Robert Munsch, so I have been picking up new ones here and there when I see ones that we don't have. I tied a ribbon around a book and a treat for each of the kids, and tied a heart shaped balloon filled with Helium to the other end and left them outside the kids rooms. Skyler is a morning person, and was up at 7:30 although he came out of his room, had to walk around the treats, and didn't even notice that they were there, and Jordan had to send him back upstairs to find his surprise.

We decorated sugar cookies (come on what Valentines is complete without sugar cookies?) at Grandma and Grandpa Nielson's after family dinner. It was fun and doing it that way meant that there were more kids to enjoy.

No comments: