Monday, February 8, 2010

Religious Fanatics!

Last Sunday Skyler woke up in the middle of the night with an ear infection, and he was super upset. I gave him some Tylenol, and Jordan gave him a priesthood blessing to help him calm down and get back to sleep. He did sleep although restlessly for the rest of the night, and Monday morning I took him to the doctor to get a prescription. I guess I hadn't grasped the effect this had on him because everyone who would listen, and I mean everyone - the receptionist, nurse, doctor, person sitting beside us, person who parked their car beside us etc. he explained in a very excited Skyler voice that he had an ear infection, and daddy put his hands on his head, and the power of Jesus helped him sleep!

(This is the boys singing 'Book of Mormon Stories')
Then throughout the week the kids were playing church. They carried around books that they called their scriptures, and song books, they said prayers, and had lessons. I am glad that my kids listen to some of what I teach them, but I got a good laugh out of this one too.