Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Something old

Lelly thinks of May as wedding month and has challenged everyone to come up with tings that match the saying
Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue

It is crazy how hard I found it to come up with something old. I have only been married 3 1/2 years, so all of those wedding gifts aren't really old, the old car that we did have - wrote off in a car accident, the old house that we did live in - moved to a new city. It took me a while but I did finally come up with this.
Our lawn mower is old, it spent about 10 years with it's previous owner who sold it to me for $9 at a garage sale last year. I can't even get the baby started, I need my husband to do that , but she works and will buy us a few years before we become proud owners of a new lawn mower.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, you look absolutely thrilled to be standing behind that lawn mower!! (i always feel so silly when i can't get mine started.)

Alisa said...

oh I hear ya!
We just pulled ours out and are truly hoping to make it last 1 more season!
We bought ours for $5- and it has pliers wired to the side to hold stuff together- but once you finally get the thing started it works great!

Tilane said...

It's so fun to see anything Canada. Although the snow you've had this spring is crazy! I miss being there (only two more weeks till we fly into Calgary). Yeah.
PS my sister is Kalina.

Dacia said...

I just mowed my lawn yesterday. It's great to have them, but not my favorite job.

Jeanette said...

Gotta love those yard sales!