Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fools

Soo, our day started off with some little boys waking up with mustaches drawn on. Skyler was very concerned because it was not hairy, and he had no idea where it came from. Ethan on the other hand was convinced that it was only him in the mirror with a mustache and that he didn't really have one, so he went around with it drawn on his face for the next several hours.

Then comes dinner - this was soo fun, except the kids were convinced that everything was a Joke and refused to even try the dessert. I made Jello juice, this really upset Ethan, who loves Jello but was really mad that he didn't get any real juice.For dinner we had a bunt cake that was really a pizza dish. This didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, but was still fun, and really tasty.Dessert took by far the most work. I made chicken pot pies found at Family Fun.
I spent hours making all of the filling in the hopes that this candy pie really would look just like chicken pot pie - it totally did!
Jordan got a video of my trying to get the kids to try it, but none of them would. I even had Skyler pinned down, but he was sure that I was forcing cold chicken pie down his throat. My brother John was pretty convinced that it was real too.

So, in the end, several hours of my life gone, and kids who are so sure that I am tricking them, that the trick is ruined...until next year.

No comments: