Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Legacy of Love

I see my Mother kneeling with our family each day
I hear the words she whispers as she bows her head to pray
Plea to the Father quiets all my fears
and I am thankful Love is Spoken here

Mine is a home where every hour
is blessed by the strength of priesthood power
with Father and Mother leading the way
teaching me how to trust and obey
and the things they teach are crystal clear
For love is spoken here.

Picture this song sang by 7 motherless children (2 were serving missions for the church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints) and a recently widowed father.

There was not a dry eye in the overfilled chapel as the family of Jordan's Aunt (Dianne Litchfield)sang those words in memory of their dear mother.

2 children serving missions in other parts of the world, 1 home not even 5 weeks from a mission, 6 children trying to live the way their parents taught, 7 grandchildren (one not even 2 weeks old)

That is the legacy left this week by a woman solid and sure of her motherhood and it's divine role. She will be missed dearly, but the love will not end as we celebrate the life she has lived.

2 comments:

Carla McDaniel said...

I didn't even know her, but as I read your blog...it made me sad for them. My prayers and thoughts are with the family..

Ashley Dawn said...

I was there for that. It was SO powerful. What a great testimony they have.