Saturday, December 20, 2008

Giving at Christmas time

We had our ward Christmas Party last night (I forgot the Camera again - I do hope that is not becoming a habit) There were some Santa Gifts left at the end of the evening that my mom ended up dragging home after the party. This morning we went and spent some time with Grandma and decided to take all of the extra toys to Mountain of Toys which is a toy Drive in Calgary put on by Lite 96 radio station. This was great until we started packing up the toys to give away and Skyler realized that the toys were not all for him. We had a tantrum sad as it is (I think it is something to do with being 3) while we struggled to pack up the kids and toys.

Skyler and I took the toys to a drop location, and he places every single one of them into the Tree tent that was set up for collection. On the way home he was so happy, and proud of himself that he made other little boys and girls happy at Christmas time.

A small lesson that will need to be retaught time and again, but as of right now he know that we celebrate Christmas because it is Jesus' birthday and that we give gifts like the wise men. He knows that he is blessed with more than a lot of other children and was happy to help.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad that is where they ended up. We thought that would be a good idea.

Sheila said...

Excellent teaching moments. Great job. I love Christmas!!!

Ashley Dawn said...

That's awesome. That's a hard concept for a 3 year old to grasp. I still have to remind myself - jks. Hope your Christmas was fabulous.