Sunday, October 2, 2011

Dad is laghing

Last night we went out for dinner as a family to enjoy one of my Dad's favorite foods. We were at a small Vietnamese restaurant, and being a large group we waited a long time for our meal to come. We waited and talked, and my kids behaved quite well. Our meal finally came and we all ate - Ethan even ate, but Ryley refused. She refused to eat, but besides that was well behaved, and acting like herself. As the dishes were being cleared, and we were getting ready to leave Ryley puked all over me. My family all started laughing and cleared out as I was gaging, and trying not to puke myself. My brother and his girlfriend came back in to help Jordan with Ryley and Marly had a huge smile on her face. I told her next time Ryley would be sitting on her lap, and she responded whatever Rob is laughing at you.

How true - my Dad would have found great humor in my discomfort, and without a doubt he was laughing at me last night. Thanks for perspective that will always be an uncomfortable memory that will put a smile on my face.

No comments: