Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Fathers Day 2010

The Relief Society Retreat this year was on the Father's Day weekend, and I had decided that I wouldn't go, so that I could be home doing things to make Sunday a special day for the Fathers in my life, then Jordan suggested that he take the boys and go on a camping trip! Skyler and Ethan looked forward to this trip for weeks, and Skyler counted down like it was Christmas. We bought a new tent for Jordan for Father's Day (we figured some kind of shelter might be nice on this little excursion)I swear, every blanket that was not currently on a bed was taken on this trip to make sleeping nice a cushy.
The boys roasted hot dogs for dinner, and then enjoyed some smores and GIANT marshmallows that our neighbor gave us.
Everyone woke up happy, but unfortunately for Jordan Ethan;s 10:30 bed time quickly caught up to him, and he became a whining, crying, tantruming mess! They made a stop off at Calaway Park on the way home and got to see Spiderman, the Hulk, Green Goblin, and a few other Marvel Comic characters, again Skyler loved this, but Ethan would much rather have taken a nap.
I made this soda bottle treats for Jordan so that there was something that we could give him on Fathers Day, unfortunately he saw them in the craft room early, and even those did not make it to Sunday. We did make him breakfast in bed, and let him sleep in, even though I was running on 2 nights of very little sleep. (in part because of the retreat ;)

During the afternoon Jordan and the boys went to My Father in Laws to wish him a happy Father's Day, and drop off a little gift.

We went to dinner at my parents and all of my brothers arranged to take my dad golfing at the Elks golf club, so we wrote on some golf balls and put them in a vase for him. It looked cute, but I have decided that cute it soo lost on men!

Happy Fathers Day to the men in my life, I have the greatest Dad, and my kids have a pretty fantastic one too.

No comments: