Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Fathers Day

So, I do have some pretty amazing men in my life.  First of all is Jordan, the father of my children, and my best friend.  I am so grateful for his patience, and his laid back attitude.  He balances me well, and keeps me grounded.  I love him more than I can ever express, and life with him is wonderful.  He takes time with each of the kids and works on getting to know them each individually.  He has fun doing more grown up things with Skyler, but plays make believe with Ethan and has been known to play ponies, or babies with Ryley.  Jordan is a Father worth recognizing!  This year we gave him a shiny new BBQ tool set, and he was able to pick out a new belly putter.  I would love to say that he had breakfast in bed, and then was pampered all day, but that is not the way things happened this year.  I did make cinnamon pull aparts and they were brought to him while he was still in the bedroom (but it was after he showered).  Things were not rushed which is what he likes, but after church I took a nap while he played with the kids.  I was exhausted, it was proving to be a very emotional day.  Again, he is amazing, and we are lucky to have him.


I have my own Father who is no longer here with me, but I do know that he is still very much interested in my life, and I have felt him close by.  He was always my hero, and I have always looked up to him.   He always pushed me to do my best, and was my biggest fan.  I could talk to him about anything, and I am so grateful that he and I had a relationship that allowed free communication.  I miss him dearly, but there are lessons that he taught me that will never be forgotten.  He was the best!  I think that I am going to work on a book, and compile pictures and stories of my Dad to keep his memory fresh, and show my children what a great guy he really was.  Sadly they are not going to have many memories of their own.


I also have a wonderful Father in law who is the very definition of optimism.  He is kind and finds ways to make everything fun.  My kids adore him, and I feel blessed to have him close.  My sister in law had the idea to order a Crystal image for Rick for Fathers Day, so we all went in on it.  Funny enough at dinner we were joking about what you get the guy who has everything - the crystal image was a hit.  Apparently shirts are not a safe bet. ;)






No comments: