Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas!

The much anticipated Christmas eve finally arrived. We spent the morning at my mom's work for a Christmas Party - odd day to have it I know, but it worked out perfect! Santa was really good to them, and all of the kids had a blast. We then spent the evening with my family which was a little sparse this year. In fact, it is the only year (besides Eric's Mission) that all of my siblings were not there, and we were down by 2. Skyler was about bouncing out of his skin with excitement, and I think Ethan was getting a little sad that in the gifts that Santa had given him so far (at the various Christmas Parties) none of them had been his beloved Nintendo ds that he so desperately wanted. He had no interest in opening presents, then the ds was opened and he still had no interest in opening presents and was just sad that he couldn't be playing with it now. It really was sad because when he woke up on boxing day he came downstairs and told me that he was ready to open his presents. Ryley had fun carrying presents around, but not a ton of interest in opening them, although she was thrilled with a baby and stroller that she was given. We did all of our gift exchanges with my family on Christmas Eve since we would be spending Christmas Day with Jordan's family. * My mom had a hard time when Christmas dinner came around and there was only 2 0f her 5 children there - she describes it as quiet.

Christmas morning we opened out stockings as soon as we woke up, and Skyler lined all of it's contents in a row. The kids got their Santa gift which Jordan built - I LOVE IT! The kids have already put it to good use as well. We went over to my inlaws and opened the remainder of our gifts, we went tobogganing, had Christmas dinner, and just really enjoyed time with family!

1 comment:

Kat said...

I love that present Jordan built, that is awesome!