Saturday, September 4, 2010

My baby is ONE

My baby girl, who for all intents and purposes is a complete miracle celebrated her first birthday yesterday. She was a twin, and we lost the twin early in the pregnancy. After many tests (although I refused the amnio which was the only way to be certain) I was told to expect a baby with downs syndrome, then she decided to maker her appearance over 6 weeks early and proceed to struggle through her first month of life giving us one really good scare where she coded and gave the nurses and doctors a run for their money to revive her. We are soo happy that is here with us, and I feel so very blessed to be able to raise this sweet little girl. I have a cute little party planned for her, but then both of her grandparents were out of town for her birthday (the curse of having a birthday around the labour day weekend) so I thought about doing it next weekend, but I have 3 meals for the mission home, and a shower that I am putting on, so instead I quickly did up a butterfly cake so that we could sing to her, have cake, and let her go to town.Se got some super cute clothes for her birthday which I love, and she got some fun musical toys. That seems to be her thing right now dancing and making noise.
Ryley is soo close to walking, and will just take off one of these days I am sure. She loves to climb up to the bottom stair and the scoot her bum to the end so she can stand up and walk away. She is a fantastic eater, probably my best eater and loves all kinds of foods. She loved her daddy and has made a point to excitedly call to him when she sees him, even though I have to work for a mom from her. She responds nicely to princess and pretty girl which I think she is referred to more often than her real name. Her brothers tell her daily, if not hourly how much they love her and she rarely has a moment to herself without someone showing her how much she is loved which sometimes she lets us know she could do without. I love my baby girl so much and she brings me more joy each day.

No comments: