Sunday, January 1, 2012

New years

We had a quiet New years eve at the house this year just our family. We did have fondue with Martinelli's, but everyone except Jordan was asleep before midnight. This morning the kids woke up, and the wise men must have found them. They were happy to have a few lingering gift this Christmas season to open, but it was quick since Church is now at 9am

I told Skyler we could see about having a party next year so that he could have some friends around, he is getting old enough that he would be thrilled to get to stay up.

Thinking about new years, new beginnings, goals and resolutions. 2011 was not a nice year for us, although we do have much to be grateful for, and I would rather have another 2011 and have my Dad with me then have an easy 2012 and know that it will be a long time before I get to see and talk to him again. But this is the reality that we have to live with and we are going to find a way to be happy, have as much fun as we can. We are going to make memories, take pictures and enjoy the many blessings that we have been given.

This year I want to make sure that I make time for those things that are best for me. I am really good at scheduling my time and can accomplish a great deal, but am I accomplishing the things that matter most? My family, my husband and Children, My mom and brothers. I am going to make sure that I am giving my best to the relationships that matter.

We are busy developing the basement so that my Mom can move in, and I am excited and nervous at the same time for all that it will bring.

This year I am going to be a better me, and part of that is taking time for me!

1 comment:

Dorienne said...

Happy new year. I love what you accomplished in your mud room. You must be happy to be settling into your new home.