Friday, April 8, 2011

We're makin memories!


My parents have both made mention in recent months how they have not been on a date - like a real date in a long time, in fact neither of them could remember the last time they went out. That got the wheels turning, and we decided that we could help them make some happy memories as well.

We rented them a fancy little car - this must be a guy thing because that was Stephen's idea, and it is something that Jordan always thinks about as well. Made them a reservation at the Ranche and sent them on their way with the bill taken care of.

I love my parents more than I can ever say, and I would do anything for them. Although this was planned a while ago, it was good timing. My parents were supposed to leave tomorrow to make their way down to Arizona, and that has been canceled for the second time. The Chemo is not working, so we are onto plan B which changes his treatment times.

2 comments:

Dorienne said...

The Ranche is so yummy! I'm glad that they got to go out on a date!

Christy said...

What a fun date and a sweet gesture for your parents... I'm sure you helped make some great memories. I'm praying for you and your family that all works out.