Saturday, May 9, 2009

Work for Jordan

So this post is more personal in nature, and more to record the feelings that we have had the last couple of weeks.

Jordan is finishing up his Masters, and I couldn't be prouder. He has submitted a draft to his professor of his Theses which will be critiqued and then he will make revisions before his final submission and oral defense. Those things are basically just a waiting game now. We have been looking for work for a couple of months, and the closer it go to the end of April the harder we looked because that was the end of the school semester, teaching and money.

The end of April has come and gone, when we thought we were through Jordan received ANOTHER scholarship, this one for being the best computer science TA. It seems a miracle, that when we think he is done, another is slipped our way to help make us financially secure. Great news, but still no job. I of course will talk to anyone who will listen and have spoken many times of the stress that it brings. On Sunday Jordan's whole family fasted for him to find employment, and Tuesday morning we got the phone call that he has been offered a job! He will make a little more money than we had expected, and they have full benefits, and he starts with 5 weeks holidays. Not twenty minutes later I check my e-mail and a dear friend and her husband we looking out for us too and had e-mailed another job that he likely would have been able to get.

I am soo grateful for the 'Angels Among Us' for those friends who made time to listen to my woes, and to try to help in any way they could. I am grateful that the Lord works in his own time (I am not grateful for the stress mind you) I am grateful for the lessons that I learned and for the growth that came from our small struggles.

I should also mention that the job Jordan did get he was able to get because a friend of mine thought enough of him to petition her sister, who trusted her sisters judgement enough to put herself out there and put him in contact with a few of her friends who were able to help Jordan find the right company to hire him.

I know that I talk a lot, and it is easy for me to get caught up in the moment, but I truly love my husband and I am so grateful for all that he does to care for me and our family. I am grateful that he is humble enough to look for work in retail when he has a Masters Degree, and that he lets me work beside him to help support our family!

2 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

Oh, I am SO glad that everything worked out. What a HUGE relief. Things really do come when they are the most needed, don't they?? Congrats!!

Marie said...

Congratulations! What is the job?